Thursday, July 22, 2010

Home Improvement: Jewelry Storage






I hope to post some pictures of various things I do around the house. My husband and I bought our home a few months ago and we are slooowwwwly working on getting everything the way we want it. The house is great, but the inside needs a lot of TLC. For instance, no one removed a nail from the walls for the past 28 years. Seriously. I estimate that I took out about fifty nails and screws just from the den walls. And then my super house painting hubby has to go around and putty and patch and sand and prime everything. That's no fun when you just want to see some results. I could rant on about many other things that need fixing, but I won't. I will plan on posting pictures of things we finish that are artfully done.

While I'm still working on unpacking boxes in other rooms, everything is officially unpacked in our bedroom. I found places for clothes and shoes, but I had a dilemma when I realized that I didn't have anywhere to put my jewelry. It was previously thrown in a drawer in a tangled heap so I wanted a more sophisticated way to store it all. I've seen some neat things done with old screens and fabric, but then I came across this blog via craftzine and loved her creative ideas for storing her jewelry. I found some great wall hooks at World Market along with some cute baskets and organized everything in no time at all- just me and the drill.



I also found some great ideas on Martha's website. (I like to think we are on a first name basis, thankyouverymuch.) I especially like the necklaces around the bust and using branches to dangle necklaces and earrings. I think I may have a bust of Beethoven somewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment