Friday, July 9, 2010

Sweet Iced Tea Top






I made the popular ( and free!) Afternoon Tea Top pattern created by Ichigogirl on Burdastyle. I guess this was my first experience with grading (?) a pattern. The sizing was too small for me, so I added width to each piece until I reached my measurements on the sizing chart. I also added some length. I tend to do that to all patterns I make because I have a long torso. It just kind of worked out, because when I put it on and zipped it up, it fit! I guess I got lucky. I used a bright plaid shirting. I like working with shirting because it seems to be softer and drape better than a regular woven cotton. I read somewhere it's because the weave is tighter. I wish I had taken the time to try and match the plaid at the side seams. I liked the pattern a lot. It was easy to follow and I like the detail of the pleated trim. I've also enjoyed looking at all the variations and interpretations posted on Burda. I've called this the Sweet Iced Tea Top because it makes me feel like I should be at a backyard BBQ drinking sweet tea from a red solo cup and playing cornhole. Anyone from the south knows what I'm talking about :). Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! The fabric is adorable and it fits you so well. I need to download this pattern immediately! Should be an adventure for me to get it to my size ;x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this on Burda style and absolutely loved it. Your version of this pattern is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Found via pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute love how it looks. Now to see if I am brave enough to try it.

    ReplyDelete