Sunday, April 20, 2014

One

My baby is one, y'all.  ONE.   I really can't believe it.


Sugar crash happens quick.  We went from this...


...to this in no time at all.


We said we weren't going to have a big birthday bash.  We said we were just going to do a cupcake or two and have some family over.  We weren't going to be those parents that went crazy for a birthday party that the recipient will never remember.  Um, yeah.  We partied our tails off this weekend.  I'm exhausted.


I had some really grand plans for the birthday party considering we weren't going to do anything big.  It just sort of snowballed.  I didn't get to do everything I wanted to, but I sure did have fun decorating for the party.  I made some garland by sewing card stock circles together, one after the other.  A friend made a bunch of those tissue paper poufs.  I bought a few things at Hobby Lobby.  I had a table for dyeing Easter eggs and a huge spread for all the party guests.  Aaaand, I didn't think to take a single picture of the set up until the party was long over.  It was Pinterest-worthy, I promise ;)  You'll just have to trust me.  This is just the aftermath.


I did want to share the banner I made with pictures from baby Jane's first year.  I was pretty proud of it when it was finished.  I had a photo from each month, including a few half-month pics.  I mounted each photo on a piece of card stock and then cut some triangles from scrap booking paper to look like bunting.  I have to say that it was pretty cute.  I think I may just have to keep it up for a while.  I may have enjoyed it more than any of the party guests.


Between birthday and Easter this weekend, baby Jane may just expect cake every night.  Hope you all had a happy Easter!


20 comments:

  1. I love the picture banner! What a fantastic idea! Time goes by so fast...too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Jane is so cute! It looks like it was a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks enormous fun! happy birthday to your darling girl! Hope you get some feet up time this holiday,too x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday baby Jane! What a darling. Sounds like you had heaps of fun. I think the first few b'days are more for the parents than the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, she looks adorable. Happy birthday Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable even when crying! Happy birthday to baby Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww!! Happy birthday Baby Jane!!! Looks like an awesome party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Baby Jane!! Looks like she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, sweet Jane! The photos are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the best pictures! Baby Jane is so cute! It looks like she had a wonderful time at her party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how sweet! happy birthday to baby jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your little one! I really like that circle garland you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to your cute princess! Gosh, time flies, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. One-year-old parties are a great way to reconnect with all the people you haven't seen in 12 months because you've been so busy! Looks like you had a great one. Congrats on surviving the first year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ONE! oh my gosh time flies by so fast. Happy birthday to baby Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Baby Jane! I love the before and after sugar shots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to Baby Jane! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time! Hasn't the time flown? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her eating faces - can't believe she is one already!!! thanks for sharing her with us

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love her eating faces - can't believe she is one already!!! thanks for sharing her with us

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already! Happy birthday (a bit late!).

    ReplyDelete