Thursday, April 21, 2011

NOLA

Maison de Lagniappe

 I just returned home from a trip to New Orleans.  We went for a wedding.  I wanted to share some photos from our trip.  New Orleans is a beautiful and enchanting place.  But also exhausting. We ate incredible food.  I didn't meet a single unfriendly person.  Bourbon Street was actually my least favorite part of the trip.  I'm glad we got to see it, but it was a little seedier than I expected.  I highly recommend staying at Maison de Lagniappe in Marigny if you ever get a chance to go.  The first few photos are all from there.  The house was built in 1831.   Walking distance from the French Quarter.  I, unfortunately, did not take any photos of the wedding we attended.  It was at one of the most fabulous houses I've ever been in on St. Charles in the Garden District.  The photos I've posted are all from from our time around the Quarter.  And yes, of course I made a Beignet for the trip.  I'll post photos of that soon.















Bourbon Street

5 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful photos! I've never been to New Orleans, but I've always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos! I love the architecture!! Balconies and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, and everything looks so vibrant and fun - your photographs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley- It's definitely a great trip! I want to go back for another visit.

    Suzy- The balconies were my favorite part.

    Eugenia- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How luscious! Thank you for sharing. I miss stuff like this so much, you don't get that kind of rich "color" here. I recently had a discussion with my husband about going to live in N.O. for a while. I think it would blow his mind.

    ReplyDelete