Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Bit of Whinging...


I want more time to sew, my friends.  No-- I need more time to sew.  Grown-up responsibilities seem to be getting in the way of my fun time lately.  That's all I'm whinging about really.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.  Laurwyn just posted about this exact dilemma- How do you make time to sew?

On another note, Carolyn and Amber  nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award.  Thanks, both of you!  I'm totally flattered.  Not feeling so stylish lately- just scattered.  I'm nominating two newer (to me) blogs I like to read.  Jan-ul.  I like that she posts about sewing and art.  And Lorena of Elloh Handmade.  Her weekend recap posts are what inspired my "seven things" below, though my pictures aren't quite as nice.  I decided I wasn't clever enough to write seven things about me, so I took pictures instead.  I took my camera to work today.  Some photos are from home, too.  No captions.  Just pictures.  Hope everyone has a fabulous rest-of-the-week!







Okay, I have to write about this last photo because I have to gloat a little.   I found a handmade dress at Goodwill only to discover later that it's made from Liberty of London cotton lawn.  Yes,  I said Liberty.  Cost me a dollar.  Now what to do with it?

10 comments:

  1. You make something awesome with it. Very cool pictures.

    I'm struggling to find sewing time, too. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a skirt in liberty, and I'm cutting it fine with just 1.4m (it calls for 1.7m). What size is the dress? You could get a blouse out of it at least. I really love the Wiltshire print... yes, I spend that much time looking at liberty that I know the name for some of their designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures. Such a nice way to share a little about yourself. I too, have to get around to responding to my stylish awards too. No time ever seems like the right time. Maybe I'll copy your idea and post photos.

    Enjoy playing with your liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, lisajane, I was really surprised to find about this award today! But I have to say I´m pleased and also flattered :). I´m busy preparing for our trip to Italy right now, but I´m looking forward to post something about myself when I´m back :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about not having enough sewing time - it's so frustrating sometimes! I spend far too much time daydreaming about sewing than actually sewing!!!
    Excellent find with the Liberty top - so much potential there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are great, a snapshot of your day... I love the idea! And your cat is totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a find! This reminds me that I need to thrift store shop more often, as well as make more time to sew (I know how you feel on that one)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang grown up responsibilities--I hear you:) Unfortunately, sewing falls to the bottom of my need-to-do list most days. Love the pictures--#5 is my favorite.

    Oh, and nice spotlight on BurdaStyle:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures just inspired me to make MY seven things be photos..hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cornelia- Yes, Wiltshire! I did some research on it. I couldn't find the color combination except on one picture of a vintage 80's Liberty shirt. I'm totally psyched about it.

    Carolyn= My cat uses extra cuteness as a survival tactic because she's so bad.

    Valerie- The dress is hopelessly 80's- big and blouse-y and giant shoulders. I think I'm going to pick it apart carefully and see if I can make something else out of it.

    Amber- Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete