Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fit For A Princess


Another baby gift down.  Why is it so much fun to make baby clothes?  I think it's just because of the size.  So tiny.  So gratifying because it takes less time to finish something.  

And you can use ric rac to your heart's content.

I made another bath robe from the pattern I drafted using Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Children's Wear.  And I also made a little popover dress, a free pattern from Oliver and S.  Just because.  I love that pattern.  I used my shrunken down copy again.  I'm guessing it will fit by the end of the summer, which is fine because it will be hot until October here.  The bathrobe is a bit larger.  But perfect to put a little bundle in after a bath.  The inside is that insanely soft minky business.  Both are fit for a little princess which just also happened to be the recipient of this gift.

Congrats C and M!


4 comments:

  1. Looks so cute, I love your fabric combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That robe is too cute! And I agree that there is never enough rickrack. I am wearing a blouse with rickrack on it today, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reply; of course I didn't mind, I was flattered that you mentioned my skirt!

    ReplyDelete